fucking tagged me now i've gotta participate in some evaluation of last yeari tag everyone to list at least 10 things that they were positive about in 2016. tag your friends too!
In no particular order, other than how I think of them, here is my list:
1. I've broken a lot of my old social barriers and made new friends IRL, and spent last night with a couple of them.
2. I flew for the first time since I was little after roadtripping 1000 miles down to Las Vegas with my dad, which taught me a lot about family and independence. It pushed me a little, but I definitely grew a lot because of him moving and what it entailed.
3. I went on a family trip to Crater Lake and got increasingly closer to family members that've always been a bit distant to me. It was definitely surprising to see my cousin and his wife actually treat me like an "adult," lmao.
4. I got to volunteer for five weeks of a summer camp for disabled kids, which really gave me a sense of purpose and direction over the summer.
5. I binged watched a ton of stuff on Netflix which... doesn't really seem like an accomplishment or something positive, but it was really relaxing and fun to actually give myself time to enjoy shows.
6. I asked out a long-time crush of mine and, well... got rejected, but it was nice because it allowed me to look past that aspect of our relationship and focus more on our friendship. I definitely feel like it's improved now that I've come clean and moved on.
7. I went to a böögg burning which was weird, but oddly cathartic? There's something about burning a giant, explosive snowman that really brings people together. I'm planning to go back this year with some friends.
8. I've started wandering around downtown more which??? Is good to clear my mind I guess, and fun to feel more connected with the place where I grew up.
9. I started to finalize my college plans, which is honestly such a relief at this point.
10. I started writing again, and some of my work was published last spring. Definite self-esteem boost.
Okay, I tag...